We are very excited to present the latest advancements and insights into the successful delivery of the APRA project in Loulé. At Terracrua Design, our dedication to regenerative living, ecological restoration, and the implementation of regenerative practices has manifested profoundly in this ambitious venture.
The Vision: Holistic Land Intervention for Regeneration
The core of the APRA project lies in the vision of executing a comprehensive plan and intervention that addresses diverse aspects of the land. Our primary objectives are centered around the seamless integration and implementation of regenerative strategies, fostering a resilient social and economic network aimed at achieving permanence and abundance.
General Planning Objectives: A Blueprint for Regenerative Transformation
Embarking on the journey of regeneration entails a set of meticulously defined general planning objectives:
- Landscape Hydration: Concentrating on qualitative and quantitative enhancement of rainfall infiltration and water retention.
- Access and Infrastructure Improvement: Elevating access and infrastructure to promote connectivity and functionality within the landscape.
- Restoration of Ecological Patterns/Services: Endeavoring to restore and amplify essential ecological patterns and services for sustained vitality.
- Ecosystem and Soil Regeneration: Devoted to the regeneration of ecosystems and soils, laying the groundwork for long-term resilience.
- Integrated Productive Zones: Crafting zones that seamlessly integrate productivity into the landscape, promoting regeneration.
- Structuring Maintenance: Establishing structured maintenance practices that perpetuate the impact of regenerative initiatives.
- Wetland Creation and Protection: Initiating the creation and protection of wetlands to safeguard vital ecosystems.
- Forest Protection and Expansion: Diversifying, expanding, and safeguarding existing forests to enhance biodiversity and resilience.
- Biodiversity Promotion: Actively promoting the flourishing of biodiversity within the landscape through regenerative practices.
Specific Planning Objectives: Precision in Regenerative Design Implementation
Delving into the intricacies of the APRA project, specific planning objectives provide a roadmap for precise regenerative implementation:
- Water Matrix Creation: Integrating dams, ponds, canals, and roads to establish a comprehensive water matrix that supports regenerative processes.
- Access and Infrastructure Matrix: Crafting a matrix of accesses/roads and infrastructure designed to optimize functionality while aligning with regenerative principles.
- Vegetation and Hedge Matrix: Designing a matrix of hedges and permanent vegetation, strategically placed to include ridge forests, riparian galleries, and green corridors, contributing to regeneration.
- Zoning Matrix: Establishing a zoning matrix that guides the strategic allocation of resources and functions, prioritizing regenerative outcomes.
In the intricate tapestry of regenerative practices, the APRA project represents a defining chapter. It narrates our unwavering commitment to not only creating thriving landscapes but fostering environments that endure the test of time, radiating abundance for generations yet unborn.
As the custodians of this regenerative vision, we extend our heartfelt wishes to the promoters of the APRA project. May their efforts be crowned with great success and may abundance unfold as a natural consequence of our shared commitment.
The Terracrua Design team is immersed in a palpable sense of excitement, eagerly anticipating the forthcoming implementation. This excitement reflects not just a project’s inception but the beginning of a transformative journey towards regenerative landscapes that echo our ethos.
Stay tuned for more updates on the progress of the project and the remarkable transformations that lie ahead!
This project team:
Project Director and Initial Drafts: Nuno M. Santos
Qgis designer: Ana Santos
Brainstorm sessions included: Ana Santos, Miguel Clemente, Nuno M. Santos